Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh Darling Don't You Ever Grow Up

One year ago today the most precious little thing came into my world.  Right around this time I had just delivered our first baby and Luke and I were sitting in the labor and delivery room in awe of the beautiful miracle we had brought into the world.  I can't even express the emotions that go through you the day you have a baby.  If you've had one you know and if you haven't yet, I hope you get to experience the greatest thing any woman can do.  Even though it's a tough process, I mean they do call it labor, it's such a rewarding and exhilarating moment that leaves you with such a high.  I delivered Olivia on my own with the help of an epidural.  I am so in awe of women who can do it without one.  I for one have a major weakness for pain, I take a tylenol at the sign of a headache to prevent it from coming on.  That being said I do not feel weak for having the epidural.  For me it was what I needed to help get me through my labor and deliver my baby.  That moment when you finally see you're little bundle of joy (please excuse the sappy cliches) is unlike anything I've ever experienced.  The joy and happiness you see on your husbands face is priceless and makes you feel like you've just given him the most amazing gift in the world.  I felt like superwoman.  Don't get me wrong it was painful and tiring but the emotion that comes out of you when you first see her (or him) gets you past all of that extremely quickly.  I was talking to a friend of mine recently, who was due to have her baby and she was asking me if I remember certain things about being pregnant.  I said that I truly believe that God makes you forget the bad things about being pregnant and delivering in hopes that you'll only remember the good things and want to have another one.  I really do think that true.

So as we celebrate the first year in Olivia's life I can't believe that she has been ours for so long.  I know we have many more years and memories to come but this year flew by so quickly that I don't want to blink because I'm scared when I open my eyes she'll be having her own babies.  She is honestly the best thing to ever happen to my husband and I and we are so blessed and happy to have her in our lives.  So here's to you Olivia!  Happy Birthday Peanut Princess, please don't grow up too fast.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Olivia!! This is a very sweet post! I look forward to the day that I experience that undying love for my baby. My mom would agree 100% with you when you say that you only remember the good things about a pregnancy. Even though she remembers the not-so-fun parts, they didn't stop her for a second from wanting to have another baby. I hear it's totally worth it when you see your little bundle of joy!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete