Friday, March 16, 2012

Bad Momma?

I've been reading a lot more blogs written by moms and I'm really enjoying them.  Except for the fact that sometimes they make me feel like a bad mom!  Not that I don't do things with Olivia, we play and I definitely take care of her well, but sometimes we stay in pjs all day (ok more than sometimes.), she watches tv while I get my work done (I work from home), and I don't feed her super organic/healthy food all the time (this morning's breakfast was Lucky Charms).  This being said we're happy and she laughs and is a wonderful little girl who loves life, people, and has good manners.  I guess maybe I'm not doing that bad of a job.

3 comments:

  1. I read a ton of "mom blogs" too and it honestly makes me feel like I'll never live up - and I don't even have kids yet! Rest assured that you're an awesome mom Meg, and all those things you list are NOT what makes a great mom. Olivia is sweet, happy, well-adjusted, and a loving toddler (granted I'm sure I only see her during the "good" times) who is going to grow and be a great kid because of you and Luke - no matter if she's eating organic cereal along the way or not. Don't stress yourself out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy kid with good manners who can be taken in public is more important than a kid who eats all organic! Don't be intimidated by other "mom blogs", you are a great mom because you love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry for a second! You have to remember that a lot of "Mom Blogs" portray the amazing, over the top, great, super creative days. Not the days of doing laundry, shopping, dealing with life. I feel that way a lot, but remind myself that what is good for someone else, isn't always best for my family.

    ReplyDelete