Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blessed

Today is one of those days where I just feel truly and utterly blessed to have such a wonderful life.  It's not that I don't feel happy about this everday it's just some days are better than others.  Today is one of the first days that I feel like my pregnancy is real.  I'm not sure why because nothing is different or has changed but I'm beginning to get excited.  Luke and I knew we wanted another baby and we were no longer using NFP to avoid a pregnancy but with just moving into a new house and my world feeling like it had been tossed upside down I was kind of an emotional wreck about being pregnant.  All I could think about was Olivia and how this would affect her.  Would she feel slighted and left out? Would she feel neglected, like she wasn't the center of my world anymore?  I felt so bad for her.  Then I started thinking.  I knew we wanted another baby close in age for her to grow up with and we knew we wanted them closer than 3 years apart.  This meant that even if we had waited until she was 2 or 3 to have another one she really wouldn't remember being an only child anyway.  It also made me feel better knowing that since my brothers aren't super close to having babies of their own that she would have a playmate that she could spend time with.  So today I'm excited and anxious and can't wait to have this pregnancy move along.  I'm waiting in anticipation for the 23rd of November when we can find out what we're having and it can make it even more real to me that we are having another beautiful baby.  My daughter is amazing, my husband is the greatest guy I have ever met and he is my best friend, and even though my dog can be a crazy pants, he's perfect to me.  Life is amazing and today I feel blessed.

(An old picture but I still love it.)

4 comments:

  1. How many months apart will they be?

    I felt the same thing when I got pregnant with our 2nd. Now they are BEST friends! I literally live to watch them interact it's so funny and cute. This summer we realized how attached they were when we went to an amusement park. Christopher went on a ride, but Andrew was too little for it so we went to put him on a baby ride (one that he had already been on with Christopher earlier). He refused to ride and started to cry! He wanted Christopher to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having siblings that are close together is so much fun! Tom and I are 23 months apart and we have always been super close (minus those odd teen years). Nevertheless, Olivia is extremely lucky and will be an amazing older sister!

    I've never been an only child, but I've experienced the challenges of having an only child with my stepson, Jared. He always wants to do things together that I would normally do with my siblings...it's an adjustment.

    When I start having babies, I want them within 3 years of each other as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marjorie- They'll be 17 months apart. And I really am excited now. I think it might be easier to not have one out of diapers yet because it would be harder to get back into it or to still use a stroller, things like that. I really hope they'll be good friends

    Sarah- It makes me happy to know you and your brother are so close it gives me hope that mine can be as well!

    It's so good to hear your comments because sometimes I just need the reassurance that I shouldn't be overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have kids so I can't say from experience in that way but you can have kids far apart in age that are extremely close and kids close in age that torture each other lol Eric and I are 9 years apart and were/are very close.
    I really believe that whatever is meant to be will be whether it was your original plan or not, My life right now was not what I "planned on" but I couldn't be happier!
    Just don't worry about what you can't control Olivia and her siblings will be loved and have a great life no matter what because you and Luke are good parents!
    I can't wait for Nov 23 :)

    ReplyDelete