Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Olivia's Room

Olivia's room is really the only room in the house that is finished (besides curtains and some picture hanging).  Her bedding when she was born was bumblebees and was a neutral pattern.  Even though we knew we were having a girl we decided that we could use it again when we had another baby no matter if it was a boy or girl.  That being said when we moved into this house I wanted her room to be girly regardless of the bedding.  It really doesn't affect the decor too much since we got rid of the bumpers, you can't even really tell what the bedding was.






These are the before and afters.  The wallpaper was a MESS to take off and there was wallpaper in almost every room in the house.  This room was especially difficult for some reason and the whole wall needed to be spackled because there were chunks missing.  Her furniture is from Target and my parents purchased it for us as our gift.  I really like it and hopefully it can grow with her.





Even though that's a lovely lamp we decided to get rid or it and put the crib on this wall next to the door.  Originally we had it caddy corner against the other wall but decided we liked it better closer to us.  I bought the letters already painted white and the ribbon at Michael's and just attached it with a hot glue gun then used nails to hang the ribbon on.  It was really inexpensive and I wanted to have her name over her bed because I think it looks so cute!






Her changing table is on the other side of the door.  We don't really use it too much now that she's bigger and I'm thinking that it may have been unnecessary but we'll keep it for the next baby.  And for right now it's nice for storage.  I got that sign at a store on the Ocean City boardwalk and thought it was ADORABLE.  So girly and it matched the colors we were going for (pink and green).  The rug was picked out by Luke.  I just wanted to get a shag type carpet, all one color, but he insisted it had to be fun so we settled on the alphabet.  We got that at Target also.

I'm pretty happy with how her room turned out.  Like I said we just need to put up some more decoration and curtains and it will be all set.  I also want to eventually paint all the doors, closets included,white but we'll see when that happens.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very cute! I like the color. I'm following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete